Today Barclaycard Us, the payments business of Barclays in the United States, announced the re-brand of its award-winning, annual fee-based travel rewards credit card to Barclaycard Arrival Plus™, and the launch of the newly developed Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®. New Barclaycard Arrival Plus cardmembers will enjoy enhanced benefits like EMV chip-enabled cards for added confidence and convenience when traveling abroad, a new and improved card design featuring a cyan-colored core, and World Elite status.
“Barclaycard Arrival Plus builds on the past success of our travel rewards program by enhancing the benefits cardmembers value most and introduces new features that meet the needs of today’s travel-savvy consumers,” said Rachana Bhatt, head of the Barclaycard Rewards Card Business. “We are dedicated to providing our cardmembers the industry’s best travel rewards program where miles can be quickly earned and easily redeemed.”
Barclaycard Arrival Plus now offers:
- Chip and signature cards with PIN capability (EMV- Europay, MasterCard and Visa)
- Redeem miles for travel statement credits toward any travel purchase made in the last 120 days (increased from 90 days)
- Expanded travel statement credit redemption options including buses, timeshares and more
- Improved card design that is sleeker, more durable and features a cyan-colored core
Product benefits also include:
- 40,000 bonus miles when the cardmember spends $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases (increased from 90 days)
- Book the travel you want – airfare, hotels, cruises and more and earn miles on your purchase, then redeem your miles for a travel statement credit
- Get 10% miles back, to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem for travel statement credits
Plus more travel lifestyle benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the United States
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No mileage caps
- Complimentary online FICO® Score access with opt-in email alerts when Barclaycard learns that a cardmember’s score changes, plus a score history chart which tracks cardmember’s score over time
- Access to the Barclaycard Travel Community which rewards members with Participation Miles when they share their personal travel stories
- Complimentary subscription to TripIt® Pro, the all-in-one travel organizer app – a $49 annual value
- $89 annual fee – waived for the first year
As part of the World Elite MasterCard program, Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard cardmembers will enjoy access to exclusive benefits like:
- Complimentary concierge service – 24/7 assistance to meet your needs, from making hard-to-get reservations to finding special gift items.
- World Elite travel services – Includes a suite of premium travel offers, world-class travel advisors and access to truly “Priceless Experiences.”
- Built-in travel and purchase protections – Relax with trip cancellation and interruption insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, purchase security and more.
- ID theft helpline – 24/7 access to certified resolution specialists who will notify credit bureau reporting agencies and help you contact creditors, identify other affected accounts and replace impacted credit cards.
Current Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard cardmembers ($89 annual fee) will receive the new Barclaycard Arrival Plus card, with chip technology, when their current card expires. They can also request the newly enhanced card right now. Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard cardmembers ($0 fee) can continue enjoying their card, with enhanced redemption options. They can receive their new card – with the new design – at the time of renewal or upon request.
Barclaycard Arrival Accolades
Since its introduction in 2013, Barclaycard Arrival has continually been recognized as a best-in-class travel rewards credit card by numerous industry leaders including MONEY magazine, Nerd Wallet, and Brian Kelly, aka “The Points Guy”. At the start of 2014, financial journalist, Jean Chatzky named the card her top pick on NBC’s TODAY show. And, most recently, Cardhub named Barclaycard Arrival the Best All-Around Travel Rewards Card for Summer 2014.
Barclaycard Travel Community
Barclaycard Travel is a virtual travel community where travelers can share inspiring travel stories and photos of their adventures, exchange travel tips, review travel experiences and provide ideas on how to enhance the program to Barclaycard.
“We tapped into our loyal Barclaycard Travel Community members to help us shape the benefits of the new Barclaycard Arrival Plus card,” said Paul Wilmore, managing director, Barclaycard US Consumer Markets. “Through their posts and commentary in the past year, we identified major areas we could immediately address to truly meet the needs of America’s biggest travelers.”
To apply for the card or learn more, visit BarclaycardArrival.com.
About Barclaycard US
Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country’s most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business also issues its own Barclaycard branded credit cards: Barclaycard Ring, Barclaycard Rewards, and the Barclaycard Arrival product series. For more information on Barclaycard please visit www.barclaycardus.com.